Frank de Boer Sacked!
Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer has been sacked only 5 games into the season. de Boer becomes the first manager in Premier League history to have never witnessed his team score a league goal. After only 77 days in charge de Boer becomes one of the shortest lived managerial appointments in the history of the game.
Palace confirmed the managers departure a short time ago after the story was leaked on twitter earlier today. Roy Hodgson is now set to take over of the Premier Leagues bottom club. Should Hodgson be appointed on a permanent basis, he will be the club’s seventh permanent manager in six years.
Shortest managerial reigns in the Premier League
- Les Reed (Charlton Athletic) – 40 days in charge
- Rene Muelensteen (Fulham) – 75 days in charge
- Frank de Boer (Crystal Palace) – 77 days in charge
- Bob Bradley (Swansea City) – 84 days in charge
- Terry Connor (Wolves) – 91 days in charge